Friday, May 28, 2010

Marathon Race ... Bangalore

Thanks to Bangalore climate, every few months Bangalore witnesses a marathon race to raise money for charity. A nice trend started by who knows but always succeeds is bringing enthusiasts together and at the same time raising enough money for charity.
Sunfeast is one of the biggest sponsor of such events and recently organized a 10kms marathon race. 10kms is for serious competition but what about people like us! :) who are excited, interested but have no stamina to run for 10k and be competitive. No worries Sunfeast comes up with its 'Majja Run' of 5.7kms and thats how people like me get attracted to it!

Yes, I participated in Marathon this time, it was for Majja Run, a fun race of 5.7kms. People who know me, know ... I cant run 6kms odd for sure ;) But it went on all .... There's one principle I always see working for me ... "If you are into it ... you find a successful way out of it" and same happened here! To start with I really doubted me running 5.7kms at a stretch but once started, we kept going and going ... and could finish it, not easily but definitely much better than what we had imagined! :)

It was really great to see more than 10000 people participating in this event. Actual count was 14000. Pretty awsome! Start of 9am and we reached there at 8:00am ... 8am on a saturday, i should have been in my bed. But thats usual, this experience was much better :) Even was well organized too. No chaos, no confusions, no delay meant we were at right place at right time with right people. Race began exactly at 9, was a surprise i would say!
At the end of the race, we got a drink, an apple, sweet bun to regain our energy levels! :) It was gr8 fun! I really wanted to participate in one such event for a long time and this time I could, finally! There's one more biking event next week but i might not go this time. Really waiting for next Marathon though ... will definitely participate and would also try to get few more people with me this time :)

4 comments:

Ankit Chiplunkar said...

Nice
5.7km bhi bhag liye

kriti said...

Kudos to the spirit to run the marathon 5.7 is also a good start :)

Unknown said...

kya baat hain sirji.. awesome..

Ramamurthy R.H.B said...

Great Buddy.. :)
good work..!!
Cheers..!
Murthy